Our commitment to privacy and responsible use of your personal information
We, Matrix Education Pty Ltd ACN 090 093 806 are committed to managing your personal information appropriately and securely and to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is collected, used, shared or disclosed to others in accordance with this Policy and our measures will include:
- our compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APPs”);
- collecting only necessary personal information to enable us to provide you with services requested of;
- being transparent and disclosing how you intend to use your personal information;
- being transparent and disclosing in what circumstances your personal information may be disclosed to others;
- securing your personal information;
- ensuring that your personal information is securely disposed or destroyed when no longer required by us.
In this Policy, references to “our”, “us” and “we” are references to Matrix Education Pty Ltd ACN 090 093 806, and references to “your” and “you” are references to you, your parent, your child, your legal guardian or student under your guardianship.
Your Personal Information
Personal information that we might collect from you and are held by us may include but not limited to:
- Basic identity information to identify who you are, including your name, sex, residential address, date of birth and/or your school or grade details;
- Your contact information so that we can contact you or respond to your requests, including best contact number, email address and/or mailing address;
- Billing information of you, including bank account or credit card details;
- Information about the apps, browsers, locations (eg, GPS, IP address, sensor data from your device, information about things near your device, etc) and devices you use to access our systems;
- Contents you create, upload, or receive from others when using our services such as emails, photos, videos, docs and spreadsheets you create, and comments you make on our systems;
- Information about your activity in our services and systems (eg, terms you search for, pages you visited, purchase activity, communication made, activity on third-party sites and apps that you use our services, browsing histories, etc);
- Publicly accessible sources about you. For example, if your name appears in local newspaper or blog, we may collect this information;
- Information about you obtained from trusted partners including marketing partners who provide us with information about potential customers of our business services and security partners who provide us with information to protect against abuse;
- Information about you obtained from advertisers to provide advertising and research services on your behalf;
- Cookies, browser histories, application data caches, databases, server logs and any other online access related information collected using various technologies;
Purposes of collection of your personal information
Though the nature of your personal information we might seek from you depends upon the specific services that we are providing to you, the main reasons that we will need to collect your personal information include:
- to contract you in relation to a product, service or offer that you expressed your interest to purchase;
- to prevent fraud and other criminal activities;
- to provide and deliver better services to you;
- to improve our quality of services and performance including internal staff training, troubleshooting issues, record keeping, integrating into third-party apps and sites, developing new product/services, better tailored communication to you, providing recommendations and personalised contents such as personalised ads based on your interests, and statistical analysis;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
We advise that you are under no obligation to provide us with any of your personal information however in electing not to provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you the information, goods or services that you require from us.
Protecting children’s privacy is extremely important to us. Given the nature of our product and/or services that we offer, our website may be intended for the access or use of or designed to attract the attention of children. We will consistently ensure that no harmful contents are contained in our Website.
How we may collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information:
- by using written forms;
- via the internet, including our Website;
- directly from you, either in person, online or over the phone;
- directly from the relevant individual to whom that information relates;
- when you submit a form requesting for enrolment;
- when you interact with our Website; or
- from other sources such as trusted partners, publicly available information, etc
Warranty and representation
By providing us with personal information about another person, you expressly represent and warrant that:
- you are authorized to provide that information to us;
- you have obtained express consent of the individual to disclose their personal information to us for its relevant use;
- you have complied with the APPs in collecting that personal information;
- you have informed that person about the contents of this Policy including who we are, how we use and disclose personal information that we obtained from you.
How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to set up and activate your account with us;
- to respond to your expression of interest to enroll or purchase our product or service;
- to understand your requirements and enable us to provide a product or service to you;
- to set up, administer and manage our products and services;
- to facilitate and process your enrolment, charging, billing and payments;
- to research and develop our services;
- to carry out or respond to your queries;
- to provide information to you that you have requested;
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing these systems;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to analyse and measure how our services are used;
- to analyse and measure how you are interacting with our websites;
- to provide to external parties such as affiliates and other trusted businesses or persons to process and analyse it for us;
- to share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders;
- to facilitate reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to our products and services.
By agreeing to accept the terms of this Policy or by providing your personal information to us, you are deemed to have consented to the use of your personal information for the above purposes or any other secondary purposes under the terms of this Policy.
We agree that your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your prior consent unless we believe that the use is related to the purpose for which your personal information was first provided to us.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We may share or disclose your personal information with our partners for the purposes described in “How we use your personal information” section in relation to any products or services that they may provide to you. By agreeing to accept the terms of this Policy or by providing your personal information to us, you are deemed to have consented to your personal information being shared or disclosed to our related entities.
We may also share or disclose your personal information with third party service providers for the purposes of their contracted services to us, including research, information technology support, mailing or sending of documentation to you electronically or physically, security, banking, payment processing, collecting of debts, enforcing your compliance with contracts between you and us, credit reporting, data storage and marketing. By agreeing to accept the terms of this Policy or by providing your personal information to us, you are deemed to have consented to your personal information being shared or disclosed to our third party service providers. In these instances we will require third party service providers to also comply with the APPs.
There may be instances where we may share or disclose your personal information pursuant to the APPs in Australia which include, but not limited to:
- where we are required or requested under the law to disclose your personal information to Australian government agencies or bodies for their enforcement or compliance activities.
Security of your personal information
We may hold your personal information in:
- computer systems;
- electronic databases;
- digital records;
- databases (both internal and cloud basis);
- telephone recordings; and
- in paper forms.
We have implemented and administer appropriate internal processes and management to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or interference from unauthorized access, modification or destruction, which include, but not limited to:
- security systems;
- computer and network security measures such as firewalls and passwords;
- limited internal access to your personal information; and
- destroying or de-identifying personal information pursuant to our policies where we believe your personal information is no longer necessary.
Furthermore, we have also contracted with third party service providers who are required to administer and maintain industry standard technology and procedures in respect of information management and secure storing.
Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, data transmission online including via email transmission may not be necessarily secure, thus if you are concerned about the security of the contents of your email or online transmission, you are more than welcome to contact us via phone or in person. We have however in place strong encryption IT systems to ensure that your billing or payment details are securely protected.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Changes or updates to this Policy