Essential skills in just 2 days
Learn key maths concepts
Gain essential skills and get ahead of your peers in the Matrix Maths Holiday Course. The condensed approach to content delivery provides valuable exposure to key topics before they’re taught at school.
No more guesswork
Be confident knowing you’ll be taught by the most experienced teachers and time-tested resources. Learn content ahead of the school term and get ahead!
Year 10 Maths Holiday Program
Learn essential skills in 2 days
Quadratic Equations 1
Quadratic Equations 2
Further Trigonometry with Right-Angled Triangles
Sine & Cosine Rules and Area of Triangles
Curve Sketching 1
Curve Sketching 2
Our proven formula for success
The Matrix Method for MathsTM
Understanding (50% of Course Time)
Step 1. Theory
Developing a thorough understanding of concepts is the first step to mastering Maths. Learn from Matrix Theory Books that are carefully structured to help you understand even the most complex stuff!
Step 2. Application
Memorising formulas will only get you so far. Consolidate your understanding by learning how to apply concepts and techniques to solve problems.
Step 3. Examples
Work through examples that will actually be in your exam. You'll learn how to present your solution for maximum marks in exams.
Exam Skills (50% of Course Time)
Step 4. Concept Checks
Learn the most efficient problem solving techniques with different types of exam-style questions.
Step 5. Workbook Questions
Practice sharpening your skills with hundreds of exam-style questions. It's important to keep practising as this is the only way to find the right balance between speed and accuracy.
Step 6. Quiz and Feedback
Weekly quizzes and feedback provide you with opportunities to identify your gaps and address them ASAP.
Step 7. Topic Test
Working under exam conditions will boost your confidence for the real thing. Learn from your mistakes and fill your gaps so you are continually improving.
Year 10 Maths Holiday Course Outline
Gain essential maths skills that you'll need in your exams.
- Understanding the language of polynomials to process different operations
- Solving polynomials using long division to express in terms of its division transformation
- Using the Remainder Theorem to solve polynomial expressions
- Using the Factor Theorem to simplify and solve polynomial expressions
- Factorising a polynomial of degree 3 to solve x
- Factorising a polynomial of degree 4 to solve x
- Graphing of polynomial expressions using single, double and triple roots
- Factorise quadratic expressions, y =ax2+bx+c
- Solve quadratic equations, ax2+bx+c=0 using factorisation techniques.
- Solve a variety of quadratic equations by completing the square.
- Solve quadratic equations using the quadratic formula.
- Use the discriminant to describe the roots of a quadratic equation.
- Solve a variety of equations reducible to quadratic equations.
- Identify relationships between the sine and cosine ratios of complementary angles.
- Solve problems involving exact ratios for angles of 30, 45 and 60 degrees.
- Find trigonometric ratios of obtuse angles
- Apply the sine and cosine rules to a variety of triangles.
- Solve practical problems involving the sine and cosine rules.
- Find areas of triangles given two sides and the included angle.
- State the features of parabolas and cubic curves given their equations.
- Sketch parabolas and cubic curves given their equations.
- Match parabolas and cubic curves to their equations.
- Identify the essential features of circles, exponential curves and hyperbolas.
- Sketch circles & exponential curves given their equations.
- Match graphs to their equations.
2 lessons over 2 days
| 5 mins>|
Overview of lesson
Objectives and outcomes of each lesson are explained.
| 105 mins>|
Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding
Teachers explain key maths concepts which are reinforced by practising exam-style questions.
| 15 mins>|
Ask questions you are unsure of to clarify your understanding.
Year 10 Maths Holiday Course Pricing
Enrol now and you’ll receive
Year 10 Maths Holiday Course includes:
Classes taught by inspirational teachers
2 engaging theory lessons
Detailed Theory Book
Dedicated customer service support
Love the 2 day holiday course? Enrol in our term course and get a full refund for this holiday course! (For new enrolments only)
Loved by over 4500 students across 220 schools
How is Matrix different?
| || ||Matrix||Others|
Teaching program that covers the NSW board of studies syllabus. Structured learning system that allows students to develop sound study habits every week.
Most private tutors and other tuition centres do not follow a set structure; rather they have an ad-hoc approach without considering timing and outcomes.
Vast classroom teaching experience, HSC and/or university teaching experience with an ability to explain concepts clearly.
Have little or no actual teaching experience, cannot explain difficult concepts in a manner that students can understand.
A full set of resources written by academics and education researchers. Online access to Supplementary exam papers / texts with top responses.
Only address content that students raise, use generic textbooks.