Matrix Education Workshop Policy
Matrix Education is pleased to offer currently enrolled students Workshops with the Matrix Tutor team.
Terms and Conditions
- The student booking in the subject workshop must be enrolled in the subject at Matrix for the academic term.
- Students are limited to one booking per subject per fortnight block in the interest of fair use.
- At the point of booking, the student must indicate what they wish to address in the workshop. (eg. Workbooklet, lesson content, text, etc.)
- Students booking in for a Workshop must come prepared with their questions and an attempt at their work before entering the Workshop.
- Workshops are not make up for missed lessons and therefore students’ expectation should be managed by reminding them that:
- Students must review their Theory Book to the best of their abilities before attending the Workshop.
- Tutors are NOT teachers and do not have the depth of knowledge and understanding required to teach the theory content.
- Workshop bookings open seven days prior to the commencement of the fortnight period.
- Week 2-3 opens on Monday Week 1
- Week 4-5 opens on Monday Week 3
- Week 6-7 opens on Monday Week 5
- Week 8- 9 opens on Monday Week 7
- All students who attend a Workshop are required to complete a Workshop Experience Questionnaire within 24 hours of attendance of the workshop if requested by the Academic Team Leader, the Tutor or a Customer Service Representative.
- Cancellations of Workshop bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to the occurrence of the Workshop. Any cancellations less than 24 hours before the Workshop booking will result in the student being blocked from booking any Workshop for the next two academic weeks at Matrix.
- If a student does not attend their Workshop booking due to illness or misadventure, they must verify this with supporting documents such as a doctor’s certificate.
- Workshop bookings are not transferrable between students.
- By booking into the Workshop, the parent and student agree to the terms and conditions of the Workshops as stated above.