Build a Path to HSC Success
Matrix invites Year 11 students and parents to listen to our HSC Experts on strategies for achieving HSC Success.
Schedule of Events
|11:00AM – 12:00PM||How to Study for Year 11 English Effectively||Register for the Y11 English Seminar|
|1:00PM – 2:30PM||ATAR & Scaling||Register for the ATAR & Scaling Seminar|
How to Study for Year 11 English Effectively
11:00AM – 12.00PM
Our English Coordinator, Dr Peta Greenfield will share her secrets for effective study under the new NESA syllabus.
Students and parents learn how to:
- What skills are central to the new English syllabus
- How to plan for success in terms of the new English syllabus
- How to create an effective study plan (and stick to it!)
- Strategies for improving critical and creative writing
- Why choosing the right level of English is your ticket to HSC success (English Studies, EAL/D, Standard, Advanced explained)
Register for the Y11 English Seminar
ATAR & Scaling
1:00PM – 2:30PM
Our Chief Academic Coordinator will give a step by step, practical demonstration on how to set your ATAR goal so you can achieve your desired result.
Students and parents learn:
- The process of calculating an ATAR
- How to define a meaningful ATAR goal
- How to implement a system to track my progress towards my ATAR goal
- How to prioritise and be more effective with time management
Register for the ATAR & Scaling Seminar