We’re looking for a Senior English Coordinator who’ll not only teach but produce quality course content that’ll help our 1000+ English students. Reporting to the Head of English, the role will be primarily based at our Sydney CBD head office for administration hours and will require the successful candidate to travel to our Strathfield, Chatswood, Epping and/or Hurstville campuses for weekly teaching hours.
What you’ll do…
- Course and Curriculum design for the Matrix English Courses for stage 4, 5 and 6 in line with the current and incoming secondary English syllabus,
- Classroom resource development,
- Act as a reporting line for a growing team of casual English Teachers,
- Assisting the Head of English in timetable and roster management,
- Publishing and maintenance of Matrix Online English courses,
- Consultation and sign off on English workshop scheduling,
- Training, inducting, mentoring and ongoing performance management of new and existing English Teachers,
- Task allocation, management of quality control and delivering feedback to the English Resources Writing team,
- Teaching regular weekly classes throughout the academic term,
- Ongoing monitoring of student’s academic progress through marking weekly essay submissions,
- Following up of struggling English students for additional academic mentoring,
- Undertaking parent consultations of Matrix English students.
What you’ll need…
- A genuine passion for Literature and English teaching,
- Previous experience teaching secondary English in a classroom setting,
- Extensive knowledge of the current and incoming NESA (formerly BOSTES) curriculum in stage 4, 5 and 6 English,
- A minimum Bachelor degree qualification in Education, Arts or a related discipline,
- Postgraduate studies in the above listed disciplines will be highly regarded.
This position is ideal for an experienced secondary English Teacher who is seeking a new challenge with an innovative industry leader. As Matrix Education trades seven days a week, weekend hours will be required from time to time.
A few of our perks…
- Head office located in the heart of the CBD
- Work with motivated and talented team
- Modern, open-office environment
- Competitive remuneration rates
- Flexible work environment
- Team outings and social events
- Most importantly, an opportunity to help over 4500 students achieve their academic #GOALS
Apply now below, or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org