MATRIX EDUCATION STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Matrix Education is committed to providing safe, supportive and responsive learning environments for our students.
Matrix students are expected to:
- Respect other students, their Teachers and all Matrix Staff and show courtesy in all interactions
- Follow Matrix and classroom rules and follow the directions of Matrix Staff
- Strive for the highest standards in learning
- Comply with the school’s uniform policy or dress code
- Attend all their Matrix lessons
- Respect Matrix premises and property
- Not be violent or bring weapons, illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco onto Matrix premises
- Not bully, harass, intimidate or discriminate against anyone at Matrix
Matrix Education has a zero tolerance stance in response to behaviour that is detrimental to self or others or to the achievement of high quality teaching and learning.
Behaviour Code for Students: Actions
We implement teaching and learning approaches to support the development of skills needed by students to meet our high standards for respectful, safe and engaged behaviour.
- Treat one another with dignity
- Speak and behave courteously
- Cooperate with others
- Develop positive and respectful relationships and think about the effect on relationships before speaking and acting
- Value the interests, ability and culture of others
- Dress appropriately by complying with the school uniform or dress code
- Take care with property
- Model and follow Matrix and classroom codes of behaviour and conduct as set by Matrix Education and your classroom Teacher’s expectations
- Negotiate and resolve conflict with empathy
- Take personal responsibility for behaviour and actions
- Provide timely feedback on behaviours
- Avoid dangerous behaviour and encourage others to avoid dangerous behaviour
- Attend all Matrix lessons
- Arrive for class on time
- Be prepared for every lesson by completing your weekly homework
- Actively participate in learning
- Strive to reach high but realistic goals
Matrix Staff, using their professional judgment, are best placed to maintain discipline and provide safe, supportive and responsive learning environments.