Senior English Teacher
An opportunity exists for a full time Senior English Teacher to join Australia’s best HSC tuition college, Matrix Education. Reporting to the English Coordinator, the role will be primarily based at our Sydney CBD head office for administration hours and will require the successful candidate to travel to our Strathfield, Chatswood, Epping and/or Hurstville campuses for weekly teaching hours.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Course and Curriculum design for the Matrix English Courses for stage 4, 5 and 6 in line with the current and incoming secondary English syllabus,
- Classroom resource development,
- Act as a reporting line for a growing team of casual English Teachers,
- Assisting the English Coordinator in timetable and roster management,
- Publishing and maintenance of Matrix Online English courses,
- Consultation and sign off on English workshop scheduling,
- Training, inducting, mentoring and ongoing performance management of new and existing English Teachers,
- Task allocation, management of quality control and delivering feedback to the English Resources Writing team,
- Teaching regular weekly classes throughout the academic term,
- Ongoing monitoring of student’s academic progress through marking weekly essay submissions,
- Following up of struggling English students for additional academic mentoring,
- Undertaking parent consultations of Matrix English students.
A successful candidate will:
- Possess a genuine passion for Literature and English teaching,
- Previous experience teaching secondary English in a classroom setting,
- Have extensive knowledge of the current and incoming NESA (formerly BOSTES) curriculum in stage 4, 5 and 6 English,
- Have a minimum Bachelor degree qualification in Education, Arts or a related discipline,
- Postgraduate studies in the above listed disciplines will be highly regarded.
This position is ideal for an experienced secondary English Teacher who is seeking a new challenge with an innovative industry leader. As Matrix Education trades seven days a week, weekend hours will be required from time to time.
Why work at Matrix?
- Competitive remuneration rates,
- Work with a talented team of professionals,
- Open and collaborative management team,
- Amazing facilities (including a fully stocked kitchen),
- Top of the line equipment at your workstation,
- Incredible classrooms with innovative learning facilities,
- Employee social events,
- Most importantly, an opportunity to help over 2000 students’ achieve their lifelong ambitions!
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Oops! We could not locate your form.