An opportunity is now open for a Head of Mathematics at Matrix Education. The role will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and managing a department of over 40 Mathematics Teachers and Tutors.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Course and curriculum design of the Matrix Mathematics courses for stage 4, 5 and 6,
- Classroom resource development,
- Managing a growing team of casual Maths Teachers and Senior Tutors,
- Management of Mathematics courses on the online learning management system (LMS),
- End to end recruitment and deployment of full time and casual Maths Teachers,
- Co-chairing weekly Maths department meetings,
- Resources management of the Maths faculty,
- Teaching regular weekly classes throughout the term,
- Delivering feedback and recommendations to students and parents on on their progress in Mathematics,
- Forming partnerships with schools, universities and relevant educational bodies.
A successful candidate will:
- Possess a genuine passion for Mathematics Teaching,
- Have completed their tertiary qualifications in Mathematics or Science Education,
- Have thorough knowledge of the current Board of Studies curriculum in secondary Mathematics, up to and including Extension 2,
- Have previous experience in management of educational staff or business management,
- Have a minimum two years ongoing classroom teaching experience in NSW high schools or at a tertiary level,
- Have proven leadership skills. business management experience.
This position is ideal for an experienced Mathematics Teacher or a Mathematics Head Teacher who is seeking a new challenge with an innovative and fast growing company. The position will be primarily based at the Sydney CBD Head Office but will require the successful candidate to travel between our campuses in Strathfield, Chatswood and Epping throughout the week.
Why work at Matrix? We offer:
- Competitive remuneration rates
- Work with a talented team of professionals
- Open and collaborative management team
- Amazing facilities (including a fully stocked kitchen)
- Top of the line equipment at your workstation
- Incredible classrooms with innovative learning facilities
- Employee dinners and social events
- Most importantly, an opportunity to help over 2000 students’ achieve their lifelong ambitions!
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oops! We could not locate your form.