An opportunity is now open for a Head of Mathematics at Matrix Education. The role will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and managing a department of over 55 Mathematics Teachers and Tutors.
What you’ll do…
- Course and curriculum design of the Matrix Mathematics courses for stage 4, 5 and 6,
- Classroom resource development,
- Managing a growing team of casual Maths Teachers and Senior Tutors,
- Management of Mathematics courses on the online learning management system (LMS),
- End to end recruitment and deployment of full time and casual Maths Teachers,
- Co-chairing weekly Maths department meetings,
- Resources management of the Maths faculty,
- Teaching regular weekly classes throughout the term,
- Delivering feedback and recommendations to students and parents on on their progress in Mathematics,
- Forming partnerships with schools, universities and relevant educational bodies.
What you’ll need…
- A genuine passion for Mathematics Teaching,
- Completed their tertiary qualifications in Mathematics or Science Education,
- A thorough knowledge of the current NESA (formerly BOSTES) curriculum in secondary Mathematics, up to and including Extension 2,
- Previous experience in management of educational staff or business management,
- A minimum two years ongoing classroom teaching experience in NSW high schools or at a tertiary level,
- Proven leadership skills. business management experience.
This position is ideal for an experienced Mathematics Teacher or a Mathematics Head Teacher who is seeking a new challenge with an innovative and fast growing company. The position will be primarily based at the Sydney CBD Head Office but will require the successful candidate to travel between our campuses in Strathfield, Chatswood and Epping throughout the week.
A few of our perks…
- Head office located in the heart of the CBD
- Work with motivated and talented team
- Modern, open-office environment
- Competitive remuneration rates
- Flexible work environment
- Team outings and social events
- Most importantly, an opportunity to help over 4500 students achieve their academic #GOALS
Apply now below, or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org