An opportunity is now open for a Head of English at Matrix Education.
As the Head of English, you will manage a department of over 40 English Teachers and Tutors and produce quality course content that will help our 1000+ weekly English students.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role will be primarily based at our Sydney CBD head office for administration hours and will require the successful candidate to travel to our Strathfield, Chatswood, Epping and/or Hurstville campuses for weekly teaching hours.
What you’ll do…
- Course and Curriculum design for the Matrix English Courses for stage 4, 5 and 6 in line with the current and incoming secondary English syllabus,
- Classroom resource writing and development,
- Managing a growing team of casual English Teachers, Resource Writers and Senior Tutors,
- Management of English courses on the online learning management system (LMS),
- Recruitment and development of full time and casual English Teachers,
- Resources management of the English faculty,
- Teaching regular weekly classes throughout the term,
- Delivering feedback and recommendations to students and parents on on their progress in English,
- Forming partnerships with schools, universities and relevant educational bodies,
- Act as a reporting line for a growing team of casual English Teachers,
- Training, inducting, mentoring and ongoing performance management of new and existing English Teachers,
- Task allocation, management of quality control and delivering feedback to the English Resources Writing team.
What you’ll need…
- Minimum of three years experience teaching secondary English in a classroom setting,
- A genuine passion for Literature and English teaching,
- Extensive knowledge of the current NESA curriculum in stage 4, 5 and 6 English,
- A minimum Bachelor degree qualification in Education, Teaching, Arts or a related discipline,
- Postgraduate studies in the above listed disciplines will be highly regarded.
This position is ideal for an experienced secondary English Teacher or an English Head Teacher who is seeking a new challenge with an innovative and fast growing company. Given the seniority of the position, an attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered.
A few of our perks…
- Head office located in the heart of the CBD,
- Convenient campus locations across Sydney,
- Work with motivated and talented team,
- Modern, open-office environment,
- Competitive remuneration rates,
- Flexible work environment,
- Most importantly, an opportunity to help over 5000 students achieve their academic #GOALS
Apply now below, or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org