An opportunity exists for a fixed term, paid Content Intern to join the Marketing Team at Australia’s leading HSC Tuition College, Matrix Education.
This position is ideal for an undergraduate university student majoring in communications, media or marketing. You will have the opportunity to apply your passion for content marketing, blog writing and social media in a practical and professional setting. The role reports directly to the Content Editor and will work closely with the Marketing and Content team.
The successful candidate will be required to work two full weekdays per week at our Sydney CBD head office. Working days can be negotiated in line with the regular university timetable for the semester. This position is a fixed 12 week engagement with the potential for renewal at the end of the internship period
What you’ll do…
- Presenting content ideas targeted towards high school students and parents,
- End to end researching, writing, editing and publishing on the Matrix Blog,
- Upon receiving content briefs, autonomously working towards meeting content deadlines,
- Participating in content calendar and planning meetings,
- Assisting in the scheduling of content publishing on other online communication channels,
- Ongoing monitoring of content performance metrics and presenting and executing updates when needed,
- Providing additional administrative support to the Marketing Team.
What you’ll learn…
- Writing for Content Marketing,
- Social Media Marketing,
- SEO skills,
- Adobe Creative Suite.
What you’ll need…
- Achieved band 6 results in HSC English Advanced. Band E4 results in English Extension is desirable, but not essential,
- Minimum six months professional experience in customer service, retail, hospitality or administration,
- Basic knowledge of HTML,
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Adobe PhotoShop,
- A good understanding of keyword research and use will be highly regarded,
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment and be willing to take on-board criticism to develop as a writer,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a detailed understanding and execution of English grammar,
- Demonstrated ability to meet and adapt to short and changing deadlines,
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy, and a creative flair,
- Current tertiary studies in communications, digital marketing, journalism, arts and media or related fields is preferred,
- Previous professional experience in WordPress, blog writing and social media marketing will be highly regarded but not essential.
A few of our perks…
- Convenient office location in the heart of the Sydney CBD,
- Modern, open-office environment,
- Competitive remuneration rates,
- Open and collaborative management team,
- Amazing facilities,
- Team outings and social events
- Most importantly, the opportunity to help over 4500 enrolled students achieve their academic #GOALS
Apply now below, or email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Candidates who proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process for this role will be requested to submit a sample brief of their writing.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.